Teflon has relatively soft mechanical properties. It has very low surface energy.
1. Incombustibility: the oxygen limiting index is below 90.
2. Mechanical properties: its friction coefficient is very small, only 1/5 of polyethylene, which is an important feature of the surface of perfluorocarbon. And because the intermolecular force of fluorine-carbon chain is extremely low, polytetrafluoroethylene has non-stick property.
3. Thermal endurance: Teflon maintains excellent mechanical properties in a wide temperature range of-196 ~ 32℃. One of the characteristics of perfluorocarbon polymer is that it remains crisp at low temperature. ptfe tape pakistan
4. Electrical properties: Teflon has low dielectric constant and dielectric loss in a wide frequency range, and has high breakdown voltage, volume resistivity and arc resistance.
5. Radiation resistance: Teflon has poor radiation resistance (104 rads), which causes degradation after high energy radiation, and the electrical and mechanical properties of polymer are obviously decreased.