I should have seen "ptfe thread seal tape" in daily life, and you may not know it is called Ptfe Tape. Generally, when installing pipes in a house, the master who installs pipes must write the words "ptfe tape" or "water gel cloth" on the purchase order. Next, follow my steps to meet this ordinary but extraordinary guy.high temperature ptfe tape glass retardant flame
First of all, we need to know what a ptfe tape is.
ptfe tape, also known as water gel cloth, raw tape, scientific name polytetrafluoroethylene belt, Polytetrafluoroethylene is the polymer of tetrafluoroethylene English abbreviation is PTFE. Ordinary White polytetrafluoroethylene belts are commonly used in heating, ventilation, water supply and drainage, and special polytetrafluoroethylene belts are also used in natural gas pipelines. In fact, the main raw materials are polytetrafluoroethylene, but some processes are different.
Teflon tape are produced by imported materials and advanced technology, with excellent quality and complete specifications, which can meet the requirements of different customers in different industries. Polytetrafluoroethylene raw material belt (PTFE raw material belt) is the residual deformation caused by resin under the action of pressure. It is made into bar or strip by push molding method, and then rolled on the rolling machine, under the pressure of the roller, it is expanded into a thin belt with a certain thickness and width, and finally the taflon tape is obtained by removing the squeezing aid.
How to use ptfe tape?
1. The raw material belt needs to be twined along the thread direction, which greatly reduces the sealing performance;
2. Do not wrap all threads with raw material belt, otherwise the raw material belt will enter the pipeline and reduce the sealing performance. We need to start winding from the second thread at the beginning of the thread to leave the first thread;
3. When winding the raw material belt, you need to make a little effort to make sure that the raw material belt is not pulled off. The raw material belt wrapped in this way is firm enough to ensure the sealing performance;
4. As for the winding of the raw material belt, I believe the master must have his own experience, but here I remind everyone to make the back half of the winding raw material belt more thick, that is, the front is thin and the back is thick, ensure that the thread is tighter and tighter to increase the sealing performance;
5. After the raw material belt is wrapped, once the threaded pipe is tightened, do not remove the thread, otherwise it needs to be wound and tightened again;
1. Non-combustibility: the oxygen limit index is below 90.
2. Mechanical properties: its friction coefficient is extremely small, only 1/5 of polyethylene, which is an important feature of Perfluorocarbon surface. And because the intermolecular force of fluorine-carbon chain is extremely low, polytetrafluoroethylene has non-adhesion.
3. Temperature resistance: polytetrafluoroethylene maintains excellent mechanical properties in a wide temperature range of -196 ~ 260℃. One of the characteristics of perfluorocarbon polymer is that it is not brittle at low temperature.
4. Electrical properties: the dielectric constant and dielectric loss of polytetrafluoroethylene in a wide frequency range are very low, and the breakdown voltage, volume resistivity and arc resistance are all relatively high.
5. Radiation resistance: polytetrafluoroethylene has poor radiation resistance (104 Lade), which is degraded after being exposed to high-energy radiation, and the electrical and mechanical properties of polymer are obviously reduced.